This is the Vaterra Ascender 1/10 4WD Scale Truck Kit, with 1986 Blazer K-5 Body. The Chevrolet K-5 Blazer is one of the most popular 4x4 vehicles off all time. This 1/10-scale kit gives you all the hardware necessary to build an RC version that looks and drives like the real thing. At the heart of its incredibly scale performance is the Vaterra Ascender chassis. This innovative platform features stamped-steel ladder frames with adjustable wheelbase, a metal gear transmission and one of the most capable off-road suspensions available.
- Stamped-Steel Ladder Frames with Adjustable Wheelbase: Steel, C-channel frames form the backbone of the Ascender chassis and give you four wheelbase lengths to choose from: 12.36 in (314mm), 11.9 in (302mm), 11.4 in (290mm) and 10.95 in (278mm). Markings on the frames make wheelbase adjustments easy.
- Heavy Duty Suspension: The chassis has been designed with a 3-link panhard bar front suspension and a 4-link rear suspension. All suspension links are machined from aluminum to handle the most punishing conditions. Oil-filled, threaded shocks soak up the bumps and give you a variety of pre-load settings.
- Metal Gear Transmission: The single-speed metal gear transmission is engineered to handle high-output power systems and brutal conditions. Those seeking a little more flexibility for different types of terrain can upgrade to the optional two-speed transmission, sold separately.
- Floating Battery Tray: The battery tray floats over the front axle and is designed to accept 96mm shorty packs. Placing the weight of the battery over the front axle gives the front tires extra traction when crawling over rocks and tackling steep inclines.
- Crawler Style Bumpers and Rock Slider Side Bars: The front and rear bumpers feature molded tow hooks. An opening on the front bumper leaves plenty of room for a winch cable. If you want to try different 1/10-scale bodies later on, the side bars and bumpers can be moved to accommodate most of them.
- Heavy Duty CV Front Shafts: As with the rest of the drivetrain components, these have been designed to handle the demands of high-output power systems and rugged terrain. They also allow up to 45 degrees of steering angle – more than many other trucks in this class.
- Licensed 1986 Chevrolet K-5 Blazer Body: The clear, polycarbonate body is modeled after one of the most popular K-5 Blazers ever built. Scale touches include an injection-molded grille with headlight details and authentic Chevrolet badging. A set of detail stickers is also included.
- Licensed Interco Super Swamper Tires: The realistic drivetrain and suspension are complemented by licensed replicas of Interco TSL SX Super Swamper® tires. Like the full-scale versions, their tread pattern and compound provide excellent grip at almost any angle.
Approximate Assembly Time: 5-7 Hours
Ball Bearings: Complete Vehicle
Batteries: Not included
Body: 1986 Chevy K-5 Blazer
Charger: Not included
Chassis: Steel "C" Channel, Steel "C" Channel
Completion Level: Kit
Final Drive Ratio: 7.86:1
Front Track: 8.66 in (220mm)
Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch, 48-pitch
Ground Clearance: 1.06 in (37mm)
Internal Gear Ratio: 4.05:1
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Motor Type: Brushed
Rear Track: 8.66 in (220mm)
Recommended Environment: All-Terrain
Shock Type: Oil Filled Threaded Injection Molded
Spur Gear: 86T
Suspension: Multi-Link Solid Axle
Tire Compound: Blue
Tire Diameter: 4.5 in (115mm)
Tire Tread: Licensed Super Swamper TSL SX
Wheel Diameter: 1.9 in (48mm)
Wheel Type: 8 Spoke Silver, 8 spoke silver
Wheel Width: 1.1 in (28mm)
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio and Receiver (3-Channel with optional 2-speed transmission, sold separately)
- Motor and Speed Controller
- Steering Servo
- Shift Servo (with optional 2-speed transmission)
- Battery Pack
- Battery Charger
- Polycarbonate Paint
- Metric Tool Set
- Ball Link Pliers
- Body Scissors