Hyperion Receiver Battery Pack - LiFe 6.6V 1450mAh (5C) - Flat
LiFePO4 Receiver Power Pack, with high-rate 3.5mm gold charge/discharge plugs, and Hyperion-style Balance Tap.
Almost all receiver power packs today are made using NiMH cells. Many users have noted the much higher capacity or lighter weight of Lipo cells, but LiPo have voltage "too high" (3.7V/cell) to work reliably with most receivers, and servos.
But unlike LiPo, LiFePO4 cells (3.3V/cell) can be an excellent replacement for NiMH on voltage basis. And compared to high-capacity NiMH packs, the Hyperion G3 LifePO4 Radio batteries have these other advantages:
- More capacity per gram, meaning lighter models in flight
- Almost no "self discharge", so your radio system is always ready to go even weeks after charging.
- Superior voltage performance under load, so your servos perform with more consistent torque and speed.
- Faster charge time
Many servos on the market, and particularly many of the lower-cost analog types, cannot operate at the voltage supplied by these LiFe Receiver packs. Attempting to use a servo rated for maximum of 6V or less WILL RESULT in reduced servo life, and may lead to in-flight failure. Any such failure is the sole responsibility of the user.
All current Hyperion ATLAS Digital servos (except DS09 and DS11 series) can accept the voltage supplied by the G3 LiFe receiver packs. If servo loads are especially high, such as with heli collective servos used in hard 3D, you may see slightly reduced lifespan in trade for higher torque and speed output.
If you have any concerns about the voltage rating of your servos, you may choose to run one or several BEC units, such as the 5V/6V selectable Hyperion SBEC (HP-TICOOL-BEC), in order to regulate voltage down to suit your servos.
- These packs are LiFePO4 chemistry. Only charge them on quality chargers - such as Hyperion EOS line - which have a dedicated charge routine for LifePO4 cells. The only exception is the Transmitter packs with PCM, which may be charged while in the transmitter, using the standard wall charger supplied by the Tx maker.
- NEVER attempt to charge damaged packs.
- Read all cautions on product packaging before using these packs.