MST FS-01D Front Motor Chassis Kit
Counter Steer Ready FS CS Pulley Set with Ratio (1.54/1.66/1.82)
Max Speed Technology has officially announced the silver FS-01D front motor chassis for release at the end of February 2012. The new MST FS-01D front motor chassis will now feature silver carbon graphite. The new silver surface carbon material provides desirable flex characteristics and styling. This chassis will be in high demand, so pre-orders are recommended if you want one. The FS-01D now offers the user more options when it comes to mechanical chassis traction. Several additional silver carbon components are integrated for chassis rigidity adjustment. The new FS-01D silver chassis has been designed with high traction in mind. Manufactured to approximately 2.0mm with several cut-outs to promote greater flex characteristics. The most noticeable being the side wings and the W shaped piece in front of the rear tensioner. These pieces can be adjusted by screws to create more or less chassis flex. Which is a benefit for the more technical RC Drifters out there.
MST FS-01D Features:
Front motor chassis
Variable battery position for ideal weight distribution and balance
Smart chassis W brace and side brace offer adjustable chassis rigidity
Silver anodized FS motor mount
Includes 48P 83T spur gear
Silver surface upper decks
Silver surface lower chassis
Silver surface front and rear damper stay
Silver anodize aluminium turn-buckles and shaft set
Silver anodize aluminium bulkheads
Silver anodize aluminium servo mounts
Front 60 degree CVD shafts
Adjustable aluminium dampers
Front ball-diff unit
BBS silver-black finished wheels
Profession (soft) drift tires
FS CS pully set (1.54/1.66/1.82)
MST FS-01D Specifications:
Wheelbase: Standard 257mm (adjustable from 255mm-259mm)
Track: Standard 186mm (adjustable from 186mm-190mm)
Gear ratio: 2.0 (36T/18T)
Drive system: 2 belt /4WD
Damper: Oil filled dampers
Suspension: Double wishbone A-arm with pillow-ball suspension system
Steering tie-rod: Division into three
Bearings: Full ball bearings
Caster: 10, 14 degree variable
Camber: 0 to 12 degrees
Comes with an upgraded Ver2.0 Graphite Parts Set. As you can see from the drawings below, MST has decided to reintegrate the Side Front Lower Deck Brace into the Main Lower Deck. This allows the Main Lower Deck to have a narrower profile and a new Servo Position option to clear the servo from the wheels which was reported to have clearance issues in the first iteration of the chassis. The Front and Rear Damper Stays have also been slightly altered to add more precise damper mounting options.
Limited Time and Stock Combo!
Novak "Drift Spec" Brushless ESC/Drift Spec Brushless Motor Combo
Drift Spec On-Board Settings for Precise Control:
- Drag Brake – Allows fine-tuning of the ESC’s auto/coast brake strength.
- Dead Band – Adjusts the neutral point sensitivity and allows for fine-tuning the throttle input sensitivity.
- Drive Frequency – Allows adjustment of the drive frequency for the perfect throttle response and feel. Adjustable from ultra smooth to aggressive.
- Minimum Drive – Provides adjustability of the drive response from mild to aggressive.
- Reverse – Allows the reverse to be toggled on or off
The Novak Drift Spec ESC is Novak’s smallest and lightest drifting controller and packs in high-end features to keep you on course:
- NovaBrakes™ – Novak’s exclusive braking system for responsive and extremely consistent brakes.
- Fan/Accessory Output & Heavy-Duty BEC – Ready to handle upgraded servos, and allows easy plug in of accessory lights or a cooling fan.
- Sealed Case & Aluminum Heat Sink – Maintains cool operation and keeps out dust and debris.
- Thermal Protection – Keeps tabs on its core operating temperature and will back down the power to prevent the ESC from overheating.
- On-Board Temperature Diagnostics – With a quick tap of the One-Touch™ button, multi-colored LEDs will indicate how hot the ESC is for instant temperature information.
- Motor Lock-Up Protection – If your drive train or motor becomes bound up or jammed, the ESC will detect this and cut the power to prevent damage.
Rebuildable Sensor-Based Motor
The motor included in the Drift Spec System is a 13.5-turn, sensor-based, rebuildable brushless motor. Sensor-based motors and ESCs offer unmatched throttle response, and have no hesitation off the line— perfect for maintaining precise control and wheel speed while maintaining incredible response. Drivers currently running a brush or sensorless drift motor set-up will be amazed with the amount of control and the responsiveness of Novak’s pure sensor system. Like all Novak brushless motors, the Drift Spec motor has a rebuildable design, and customers can replace, customize, and upgrade the rotor, bearings, and sleeve color. Each motor is also factory-wired with heavy-duty, 14-gauge silicone wire and heavy-duty, gold-plated bullet plugs.
Novak Built and Supported
Novak takes pride in its manufacturing facility in Irvine, California and also with its use of high-quality components and assembly and testing processes. Each Novak Drift Spec ESC and Motor is built and tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacti
- Ideal for all 1/10th scale drift applications
- Default driving profile specifically developed for drifting
- Five adjustable, on-board parameters to fine-tune the throttle and brake feel and response to customer’s drifting style: Drag Brake, Dead Band, Drive Frequency, Brake Frequency, and Reverse
- Compact and lightweight ESC design—fits in all popular drift vehicles
- ESC factory-wired with battery and motor plugs for easy “Plug-and-Play” installation
- Sensor-based system for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Novak’s One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick, easy transmitter set-up—still the easiest!
- Built-In Voltage Cut-Off Circuitry prevents damage to 2S LiPo batteries
- NovaBrakes™ provide smooth, responsive, and consistent braking for all driving conditions
- Water-resistant ESC case with silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Heavy-duty 2A BEC for high-torque, single servo applications. Don’t let the specs fool you—all ESC BECs are not created equal. The Drift Spec’s 2-Amp BEC will go toe-to-toe with many other higher rated units.
- Built-in diagnostics provides ESC temperature monitoring at any time with the quick tap on the One-Touch™ button
- Thermal Overload Protection circuitry protects ESC from overheating
- User-replaceable input harness, switch harness, power capacitor, and power wires
- Built-In 6V output for optional accessory fan or other detail items such as accessory lights
- Sensored motor is rebuildable, including replaceable rotor, end bells, bearings, and colored sleeve
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality and warranty (120 days) with factory customer support and service, including Novak’s lifetime replacement program
- ESC and Motor are designed and manufactured by Team Novak in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All units are 100% tested to ensure your system works right out of the box and on the track!
Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B / R
Input Cells: 2S LiPo only
Weight (w/o wires): 0.69 oz. (19.5 g)
On-Resistance: 0.0011 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
Motor Compatibility: 540-size: 13.5 -turn or higher sensored brushless motor. 380-size: All Novak Three-80
BEC: 6 Volts DC / 2.0 Amps
Wire Size: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
Batery/Motor Plugs: Tamiya style battery and gold plated bullet motor plugs factory installed.
Motor Turn: 13.5T
Motor Size (540): 2.08x1.41” (52.8x35.8mm)
Motor Weight: 6.3 oz (180g)
Shaft Diameter: 1/8” (0.125”)
Rotor: Sintered Neodymium