To power the popular Ballistic 550 Brushless Motors, Novak presents the Havoc Pro SC Brushless ESC. It is specifically designed to meet the rigors of short course racing. In fact, it includes everything any short course enthusiast could ever want in a speed control. It boasts electronic timing, on-board programming with 14 adjustable parameters, and an improved braking system. The versatile speed control is also compatible with 540 and 550-sized brushless motors to easily power 2WD and 4WD short course trucks.
- What is Novak’s X-Drive? This new update significantly improves the throttle feel and response. It also reduces the ESC’s operating temperatures for more efficient operation. Team drivers, test drivers, and customers who have run the Havoc Pro SC with X-Drive in side-by-side comparisons to their original ESC have all noticed an incredibly smooth feel, improved drivability, lower temperatures, and overall higher performance resulting in faster lap times and longer run times.
- How Does Novak’s X-Drive Work? Simple. The switching speeds of the ESC’s transistors have been drastically increased. Speeds of this nature have not been considered until now. Novak engineers have developed this exclusive firmware and hardware update that permit the Havoc Pro SC to have the absolute best response times and switching speeds.
Novak has piled on numerous features to the Havoc Pro SC. From its smaller case and cross-cut heat sink to its completely redesigned software, you won’t even recognize it! Among the Havoc Pro SC’s many features is its Dynamic Timing Advance™. This electronic motor-timing feature has eight adjustable timing settings and increases the motor RPM dynamically throughout the throttle band. The additional RPM, in turn, results in higher speeds and improved speed control performance. Moreover, Novak added a timing indicator LED, which will illuminate white whenever timing is activated. This feature will help aid club racing events that run timing and non-timing events. To combat overheating while timing advance is activated, Novak has upgraded its Thermal Overload Protection™ feature. If the ESC starts to overheat, the speed control will turn off the timing advance. If ESC’s temperature continues to rise, a second thermal-protection feature will engage. This feature drops the speed control’s power to 25 percent, so drivers can safely maneuver their vehicle off of the track. On top of that, Novak is introducing a temperature indicator that alerts racers of their ESC’s temperature after each run. This indicator is so accurate that many racers use it in place of a temperature gun. A quick tap on the One Touch™ button at the end of a run will display the speed control’s temperature via a blinking LED.
Another feature that originated with Novak’s design team is the patent-pending NovaBrakes™. This revolutionary braking system provides instantaneous braking under any timing condition. Additionally, the brake response is incredibly smooth and immediate at any speed or throttle position, ridding the ESC of brake delay. In short, this braking system has completely transformed the feel, response and use of traditional brakes. Combined with the NovaBrakes, Novak has refined the Havoc Pro SC’s brake and drive frequency settings, and added a brake end point adjustment to provide drivers with unparalleled brake and throttle tuning options. The brake and drive frequency settings allow users to experiment with a softer or heartier brake and throttle input.
- Updated with Novak X-Drive™ for enhanced throttle response, ultra-smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures.
- Multiple adjustable parameters via on-board programming: Minimum Brake, Drag Brake, Minimum Drive, Dynamic Timing Advance™, Timing Set Point, Dead Band, Throttle Curve, Brake Curve, Brake Frequency, Brake End Point, Drive Frequency, Reverse, Motor Rotation, Voltage Cut-Off
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- User friendly One-Touch programming interface with five colored status LEDs to help personalize the speed control’s settings
- Compatible with the entire 540 and 550-sized Novak brushless motor lines
- Highly water-resistant case
- Cross-cut ESC heat sink for reduced weight and efficient cooling
Input Voltage: 2S LiPo (7.4V), 2S Li-Fe (6.6V), or 4-6 Cell NiMH (4.8V-7.2V)
Length: 1.47 in (37.3mm)
Width: 1.16 in (29.5mm)
Weight: 1.29 oz (36.6g), without wires
BEC Voltage: 6.0V, 3.0A
Overload Protection: Thermal Overload Protection
Full On Resistance: 0.4mΩ
Wire Gauge: 14 AWG